Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hello Sonoma!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please let me introduce myself. I am Linda Kelly and I will begin employment as the City Manager of Sonoma on January 22, 2008.

Some readers may be aware that I maintained a web log (blog) of town information and activities at my last position with the Town of Fairfax. With the encouragement of your Mayor and City Council, I have launched a new blog, The Manager’s Journal, at its own web domain http://www.sonomamanager.com/, specifically to inform the residents of the City of Sonoma, the greater valley community, as well as anyone with an interest in the workings of this great town.

I strongly believe that by providing updated information in an open and accessible manner, community members can become more readily informed about the processes and decisions that affect them and may choose to use that information to become more engaged in their local government. I intend to keep this as a virtual journal of our journey together as Sonoma residents.

At the outset, my biggest task will be to listen and learn from the residents, the Council and the staff and meet as many people as I can in order to learn as much as I can about the issues facing the City government and the greater community.

I want you to know that I come to the City with a strong customer service philosophy. We the staff are on the same team as those we serve – and I seek ways that we can work together to achieve success. This is your local government, the form of democracy closest to the people and accountable to you. I consider it a privilege to be chosen to serve in this role, and I look forward to the input, comments and suggestions of community members. Our ability to achieve greatness together far surpasses anyone’s ability to achieve it alone.

As of January 22nd, you can reach me via email at lkelly@sonomacity.org or at City Hall at 707-933-2215. I look forward to our conversations.